To start the IRI(A) course, unless only teaching for the IMC Rating, you must:
- have completed at least 800 hours of flight time under IFR, of which:
- 400 hours shall be in aeroplanes;
- hold at least the licence and rating for which flight instruction is to be given;
- be entitled to act as pilot-in-command of the aircraft during instruction.
Those wishing to teach towards the IMC Rating only must:
- hold an aeroplane licence issued by the UK CAA;
- hold an FI(A) Certificate without the supervisory restriction;
- be qualified to instruct for the single pilot class rating for the class of aeroplane which the IR(R) instruction is to be conducted in;
- hold a valid IR(R) or IR(A);
- have passed the theoretical knowledge examinations for the issue of a CPL(A) or IR(A);
- have completed at least 10 hours of flight time by sole reference to instruments in an aeroplane, FFS, FTD 2/3 or FNPT II.
The IRI(A)is valid for 36 months.
We think differently about flight training.
With membership, you get access to our online members area. It's much more than online booking - you can see your training record, check Gamston's weather, pay for your flight online, and so much more!
Generous time slots and friendly one-to-one instruction in our modern facilities mean that you'll always get the quality time that you need whilst training.
Plus, we don't have any hidden payments. There are no landing fees at Gamston whilst using our well-maintained fleet of aircraft and hot drinks are available at no additional cost.