To start the Competency-Based Instrument Rating (CBIR) course you must:
- hold a licence issued in accordance with ICAO Annex 1, to include a relevant class or type rating valid for the type or class of aircraft to be flown;
- have passed the written examinations for:
- IR(A); or
- have completed at least 50 hours of cross-country flight time as PIC in aeroplanes, TMGs, helicopters or airships, of which:
- at least 10 hours shall be in aeroplanes;
- complete a pre-entry assessment to determine the amount of hours credited and to establish the training needs.
The IR(A) is valid for 12 months.
It can be revalidated with an examiner within the 3 months immediately preceding the expiry date of the rating.
We offer in-house examiners should you need to renew or revalidate your IR(A).
We think differently about flight training.
With membership, you get access to our online members area. It's much more than online booking - you can see your training record, check Gamston's weather, pay for your flight online, and so much more!
Generous time slots and friendly one-to-one instruction in our modern facilities mean that you'll always get the quality time that you need whilst training.
Plus, we don't have any hidden payments. There are no landing fees at Gamston whilst using our well-maintained fleet of aircraft and hot drinks are available at no additional cost.